Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Important Information for Newbies, Helping you get on your feet!
SnowWhite
  Posted: Oct 26 2011, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,273

Leetle Adoptables Profile
Okay, you've registered. Now what? Here are a few helpful hints to get you started. Remember, we were all once in your place. Don't be afraid to ask questions!

Buying your first leetle:
On the lefthand bar under ''Adoptables'' click on the link that says "Shopping." You can search by price or by leetle name. Leetle Palette, Leetle Cookie, Leetle Glass of Milk, Leetle Web Page, Leetle Kilroy, Leetle Pencil Sharpener, Leetle Sunset Moth, and Leetle Cracker are all very affordable to even the newest users. Loads of other things will soon become affordable once you get yourself established.

Getting your leetle out for the world to see!
Once you've bought your leetle, you need to take it out of your "Toybox" so it can get clicks. Click the arrow on the far right side of your leetle. This will place it under "My Adoptables." Going to this link will allow you to see how many clicks your leetles have. If you want to post your leetle in a forum signature, click on "Get codes."

Getting ÁP (micropoints)
By giving clicks
You are allowed to click 100 leetles a day. I highly recommend that newbies give the max clicks you can. Each click will earn you 1 micropoint. (If you registered as a clicker instead of an artist this ratio will soon drastically increase.) Now you need to find other user's leetles to click. Here in the forum, clicking the beach ball under a user's name will take you to their leetle page. Go wild. Click until your heart's content. Or you reach 100 clicks.

By getting clicks
Every time someone clicks your leetle, you will receive points. The higher your leetle's level, the more points you get. Now how do you get other people to click your leetles? Visit Lunchbox in this thread to learn one way. I like giving clickbacks (found under the account link). Going to this page will let you see who has clicked your leetles, so you can return the favor. The more users you click, the more chances you will get a clickback. And best of all, newbies can post their leetles on this thread or this other thread.

I hope this has been helpful to you! I hope to see you around! smile.gif

(PS. Veterans, feel free to add anything I might have missed!)

This post has been edited by SnowWhite on Jun 7 2012, 11:37 AM
PMEmail Poster
Marie19
Posted: Oct 27 2011, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,169

SnowWhite, you are awesome. I posted a bajillion questions when I first started because I just had no clue. You've covered a lot of the newbie stuff!
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: Oct 31 2011, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,013

I could make paragraphs for this thread but that would take to much time XD. So I'll just do a couple.

Creating Tips
~First read the terms of service: http://leetles.com/terms

~Second read this: http://leetles.com/create

~^ those two are the law. Everything else below is what I've come to understand as how creating things works around here. Containing information from TJ's posts of the forum on various matters and my own experience.

~Do not shrink an image and alter it or trace it. TJ will reject it because it is not yours. Doesn't matter how much time you put into it. It's not yours. Tj has said this is a pixel art site. Meaning it's not a shrunken image site. Your .gif image must be 100% original work. Looking at an image for ideas, perspective, shape and even shading is like a painter looking at a bowl of fruit while painting and is OK. Fan art is OK too, as long as it's 100% original work by you. Their are various examples of it on the site, such as video game characters, memes etc.

~Generally keep your color count under 30. I like to keep mine at 10-20 or lower then 10 if possible. It depends on what you make and how many different colors you use, not just shades of colors. Ex: Colors used red/blue/yellow/green with 3 shades each=12 colors. So in other words your color count can sky rocket easily and it may be hard to keep the colors low but that's ok. Note that there is no color limit at this time, this is just what I do.

~Make sure it has a transparent background. When you make the background transparent make sure nothing else inside the image goes transparent. I've seen this a lot. To avoid this change your background color to a hot pink or neon green which are almost never used instead of white.

~Programs/websites to use: http://www.iaza.com/ MSpaint, GIMP, Photo-shop, etc. I can help you if you have trouble with GIMP which is what I use for animation, transparency, and edits. I generally do all the creating working in MSpaint cuz it's a simpler program to work with. You can use http://tinypic.com/ to upload your work to this topic: http://technoized.com/board/index.php?showtopic=12 for help. First time for pixel art? Try reading this topic for tutorials: http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=115977

~Once you submit a creation, TJ must accept it (he usually stops by to accept once a week or more). He does this to screen out anything that shouldn't be on the site. Then Once he accepts, your creation shows up for voting on the main page where featured creations are. The voting system works by a -10 off the site, +10 on the site system. yes=+ no=-. Ex: If your creation was at -9 votes it would take +19 more votes for your creation to get in the site and only -1 vote to get off the site.

~Before Tj has a chance to accept or reject your creation you can change the image file as many times as you want encase you uploaded it and are not happy with it. Once accepted/rejected by tj you can no longer do this. to change it go to the "My creations" menu under adoptables on the main site menu. Under actions for the creation you wish to change click the pencil action. Then re-upload the edited file like normal. Done

~Retiring: Once you retire a creation you can no longer make more of them, but you/everyone can still sell/exchange them. Retiring a creation will bring down your creation price (Not your base price) in a few days or so. Base price is completely random from what I've seen, and can still get something at 100 base price even after 150 creations.

~Always set the price of your creation high enough so that you can take the money you get from it and roll it over into another new creation.

~Try to sell at least 10 of your creation. It took 10 votes from the users AT LEAST for your creation to get in. If you don't sell at least 10 then your screwing over at least 10 ppl, probably more. People will remember this, hurting you chances for new creations in the future. It's happened before. So this is more or less a warning. And its just a mean thing to do.

~To make a bundle you must buy a: http://leetles.com/creation/759 from TJ's shop and already have 2 or more creations on the site to bundle together. Once the box is bought from TJ's shop go to you toybox and click the action that looks like a small box. farthest to the right. And go from there.

~To have your shop auto restocked buy a: http://leetles.com/creation/419 from Tj's shop. Open you toybox and click the money bag farthest to the right. Go from there. Auto-restock requires a shop first.

~If your wondering if TJ will accept your creation ask your self 3-4 things.
1.) Is it 100% original work from yourself?
2.) Is it a .gif image with transparent background?
3.) Does your creation contain obscene content?
4.) Optional; does it have over 40 colors altogether?

If you answered No to 1 and 2 and yes to 3 Tj will not accept it. 4 is more or less just a question of good art practice and something to avoid. Do you really need that many colors for something so small? I don't think so. Unless it's a complicated animation with many different things in it. But other then that anything goes biggrin.gif

~ So you want to do better pixel art? Practice. Study pieces of it under zoom. Look at tutorials. But most of all PRACTICE. It's not as hard as it looks. That's all I can say.

Sorting
Edit: Sorting is now on the main site under "my account".

GL have fun ; )
Any questions on anything shoot me a pm.

This post has been edited by Lunchbox on Feb 2 2012, 07:01 PM
PMEmail Poster
torlanova
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Group: New Members
Member No.: 4,624

Thanks so much!
PMEmail Poster
Lady_Dragonrider
Posted: Feb 2 2012, 01:28 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,686

-Before you make a leetle, check to make sure there is not exactly like one already on the site. TJ has allowed duplicates, long as they are not the exact same thing. We have 3 different apples, all are red, but one is whole, one has a bite, and the other is an animation. You can find the list of leetles here: http://technoized.com/board/index.php?showtopic=103. I am working on updating it, the list is in 3 different posts because multiple people have worked on the list.

This post has been edited by Lady_Dragonrider on Feb 3 2012, 04:34 PM
PMEmail Poster
Rhunya
Posted: Feb 4 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 5,040

How do you create a "free" Leetle on an artist account? Under the Getting Started info it says "To help artists get started selling leetles, their first creation is free!" but any time I try to create a Leetle it tells me I don't have enough money..? :c
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 08:23 AM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

Make a topic about it in the bugs section. That way TJ can see it. That feature must be new so IDK but it sounds like a bug to me.

This post has been edited by Lunchbox on Feb 5 2012, 08:24 AM
PMEmail Poster
Rhunya
Posted: Feb 5 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 5,040

I tried, but it said I wasn't authorized to make a post there, ha... @_@

EDIT: But now it seems to be ok with it. lul. Posting in Bugs now~

This post has been edited by Rhunya on Feb 5 2012, 01:59 PM
PMEmail Poster
SnowWhite
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,273

Just bringing this back to the front page.
PMEmail Poster
Ashywolf
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6,365

So, I've made a specific sprite for a bundle box. Do I have to submit the box sprite as a new creation or do I get a choice to do this when I compile the bundle via the Storage Device action?
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: Jun 12 2012, 10:10 PM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

via the storage device action. But you must already have submitted your bundle contents.
PMEmail Poster
Lilyyy
Posted: Aug 30 2012, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 7,128

If you have a shop can you sell Leetles that other people have created? Or can you only sell your own creations?
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: Aug 30 2012, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

any leetle you buy from someone else you can resell at any price you wish.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll