Powered by Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> About YOUR leetles, I ask, you answer (2nd Q is posted)
Lady_Dragonrider User is online
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 05:44 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,686

Leetle Adoptables Profile
One day my sister asked me how I knew my leetles were done, and that inspired this.

Each 4 weeks or so I will ask a question about your leetles. This really is not a game, it's a way to learn more about the leetle artists and their leetles. I will also be answering the question. If you have a question you would like answered PM it to me.

First Question: How do you know when your leetles are done?

Second Question: How do you decide the price of your leetles?

This post has been edited by Lady_Dragonrider on Sep 28 2011, 07:21 PM
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: Aug 22 2011, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,013

When I see no more flaws in them. They just kind of feel done at a certain point. Like when changing one pixel, one way or another becomes meaningless and doesn't really help the leetle out. I know 100% their done when I move on to my next. Meaning I generally won't go back to them.
PMEmail Poster
Lady_Dragonrider User is online
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 11:25 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2,686

Usually I submit them when I feel like I can not make it any better, or when I think it looks good.
The leetle Atlantis is the exception, I did not think it looked ready, but I was unsure what else I could do. I showed it to my sister, and she loved is, so I submitted it.
PMEmail Poster
RotomGuy
Posted: Aug 25 2011, 04:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3,112

When they look like shrunken down versions of the actual things. *shudder* I hope TJ doesn't think i've been copying stuff.
PMEmail Poster
Ashywolf
Posted: May 21 2012, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 6,365

After I am happy with it. I spend most of my time reforming the lines and adding shades. I'm so nitpicky...but even then people tend to comment on how fast I get my sprites done. That sunset moth took less than 10 minutes.

I determine price based on the leetle itself and how it looks and how interesting it is. An ant would be 200up, a rainbow butterfly maybe around 1000.
PMEmail Poster
Lunchbox
Posted: May 27 2012, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Experienced Member

Member No.: 1,013

Pricing is tricky for me. I used to go 1/10th of the creation price (creation price=28k, so around 2-3k) I paid for it to start off. Then would later bring down the price to a more normal 500 points or around their for newer users who don't have as much. I will then and, still do decide on my end price this way

100=freebees
400=No animation, not much work put into it
450= Little work put into it
500= Descent
550= Good amount of work put into it/looks good
600=Complex animation
1337=Anything video game related
3500=bundles
10-100k=rare items

I've noticed that not many people will buy anything past 2k. So Since I haven't been creating as many things lately, my points have built. Because of this I decided to start my new creations at 1k instead of 2-3k then bring the price down later for new ppl to its final price. Even though this means I won't get the points I put into the creation till like a year later... maybe longer. Thank god for trading or I'd be broke :L
PMEmail Poster
Waterpuff
Posted: Jul 20 2013, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 8,799

First Answer: When I set out to create a leetle, I usually have a finished leetle picture in my head. When my leetle matches the one in my head, that's when it's finished.

Second Answer: The price of my leetles all depends on the art. If I was pricing something detailed, like a leetle castle, it would be expensive, like 1k - 1.5k ÁP. However, if I was pricing something not so detailed, like a square of chocolate, it would be about 100 - 200 ÁP.
PMEmail Poster
xDragonia
Posted: Aug 24 2013, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Group: New Members
Member No.: 8,594

I often call my leetles done when they look nice and the price to create a new leetle is relatively low. :3

The prices of my leetles depends on their look, my amount of ÁP, how hard they were to sprite and how much it costs to create more of it.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll